BondTAC™ 1500 – is a specially formulated, Low-VOC elastomeric membrane and adhesive coating with multiple waterproofing applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Effective barrier against moisture, air, vapour & water transmission
- Waterproof – Repels Water!
- Fire Resistant
- Resistant to mold, fungus & bacterial growth
- Aggressive Tack – quick setting
- Sticks to virtually any surface
- Easily applied at normal & low temperatures
- Flexible – will not crack or peel
- Paintable – can be used under water-based decorative paint finishes. Not to be used with oil-based paints.
WHERE TO USE
BondTAC™ 1500 may be applied to interior surfaces, such as basement walls and floors and exterior cavity walls to prevent air infiltration, vapor transmission and water penetration.
Use 1500 on exterior and interior concrete and concrete block walls to protect from moisture and water infiltration where exterior application is not readily accessible. Surface must be dry at time of application.
BondTAC™ must penetrate a dry, porous surface in order to prevent further moisture and water infiltration.
Apply coating to masonry, concrete, cement board, gypsum board, all exterior sheathing boards, such as Dens Glass® and glass-mat sheathing, aluminum, steel, wood substrates, roofing components and shingles; window and door framing and sills to produce a water & vapor barrier.
BondTAC™ 1500 may be used as a waterproofing adhesive membrane for concrete, stone and other multipurpose applications where the use of an elastic waterproofing membrane is required to minimize water penetration of surfaces subject to hairline cracks.
BondTAC™ 1500 provides an excellent crack isolation barrier for shower enclosures, shower pans and tub surrounds. It may also be used as an excellent primer for self-adhesive air & vapor barrier membranes, systems or components over porous and non-porous substrates and as a primer to enhance the adhesion of silicone and polyurethane sealants.
BondTAC™ 1500 may be used to adhere virtually any substrate to each other, including, laps of polyethylene sheets, housewraps, wood, metal, gypsum board and most other construction materials. See the section on limitations.
BondTAC™ 1500 may also be used as a corrosion protective primer for all metal components, fasteners, sheet metal, etc. In applications where a topcoat finish is desirable, any protective coating may be used with the following exception: Oil-based enamels and varnishes are not suitable with BondTAC™ waterproofing products.
When dry, this product’s adhesive characteristics will allow it to be used to adhere rigid polystyrene insulation to sheathing boards, concrete and other surfaces.
Available in 5-gallon (18.9L) pails, 1-gallon (3.785L) cans and 1-quart (946ml)
PERFORMANCE & COMPLIANCE
- ASTM E 96-05 – STANDARD TEST METHODS FOR WATER VAPOUR TRANSMISSION OF MATERIALS
- ASTM C 1306-08 – STANDARD TEST METHOD FOR HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE RESISTANCE OF A LIQUID-APPLIED WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
- CAN/ULC-S102 – STANDARD METHOD OF TEST FOR SURFACE BURNING CHARACTERISTICS OF BUILDING MATERIALS AND ASSEMBLIES
- 40 CFR 51.100 – U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY DEFINITION OF VOC EXEMPTION
- SOR-2009/264 – VOC CONCENTRATION LIMITS FOR ARCHITECTURAL COATINGS